Congratulations to the 2012 graduates !
Virtual High School
Parents and students are seeking alternative learning environments. One alternative is a virtual high school, where most of the coursework is done on a computer online from a distant location such as home. In order to meet the needs of parents and students in the 21st century, Victor Valley Union High School District has established its own virtual high school, Victor Valley Virtual High School. Victor Valley Virtual High School is a free distance learning public school that is committed to providing a quality and rigorous education. Our number one priority is preparing students to become successful productive citizens.
Our virtual school provides all the academic courses offered in a traditional setting, as well as the opportunity to participate in ROP courses, electives, clubs and teams while working towards earning the fully accredited Victor High School diploma. Click here to review the course offerings.
Students are expected to EARN A
MINIMUM OF 2 CREDITS PER WEEK.
Students who do not complete the 2 CREDITS PER WEEK minimum may be dropped from Virtual High School, return to an on campus schedule or referred to an alternative placement.
Virtual High School is not for everyone, it takes a special self-motivated learner to be successful in Virtual High School. Please take a moment to visit a couple of the free online assessments to aid in deciding if Virtual High is the right fit for you.
Center for Independent Learning North Carolina State University Michigan Community College Spokane Virtual Learning Quiz
If you are interested in having your student enrolled in Victor Valley Virtual High School for the 2011-2012 school year:
- The student must be eligible for enrollment into Victor Valley High School located at 16500 Mojave Drive, Victorville CA 92395
- Enrollment into Victor Valley High School is available Monday-Friday 7am-12pm in room 129
- After enrollment, bring enrollment paperwork to Mrs. Purcell located in the core counseling building
- At that time, the Virtual High School application will be collected and enrollment into Apex courses will take place. Both parent/guardian and student sign the “2011-2012 testing schedule” and “parent-student contract, compact and policies” pages. Click here for the complete application.
- If there are any questions contact your counselor or Di Mauter at 760 955 3300 ext. 31143